Lifting Sunken Concrete
Filling Voids under cement
Pouring Driveways & Sidewalks
Custom Concrete work
Concrete Repair Calgary
Almost all concrete driveways and walkways will eventually sink over time. This can be due to excess water, improper compaction and simply the weight of the cement. This produces uneven concrete which causes a tripping hazard, creates an unaesthetic curb appeal and can cause potential water damage as uneven concrete can direct water towards the building’s foundation. Concrete Experts Calgary can help you with the concrete repair.
You have 2 Options
- Very expensive
- Requires demolition of existing concrete
- Creates excess waste and mess
- Less than half the price of replacement
- Can be done in one day
- Creates little or no mess and is environmentally sound
Within Canada, many heavily used highways are made of 18″ thick cement. When needed, a polyurethane system is most often used to repair and lift those highways. This is the same system and materials used by Concrete Experts!
Concrete lifting: the benefit of polyurethane
Here are some of the many benefits:
- In order to lift the concrete, small holes must be drilled into the existing cement in order to pump the material beneath. With mudjacking, the holes can be almost 2 inches in diameter. Our polyurethane system requires much fewer holes that are only 5/8 of an inch and can be spaced much further apart.
- Polyurethane foam is waterproof, preventing further damage.
- It is incredibly strong and durable, yet light-weight which can help to prevent sinking problems in the future.
- Polyurethane is pumped beneath the concrete in liquid form and is, therefore, able to spread further and more fully to fill the void. This also allows us to lift the concrete more evenly as opposed to mudjacking which lifts from one point. This means the likelihood of concrete cracking is much less.
- Polyurethane will not expand or contract. The more traditional mudjacking uses a slurry mixture which is water absorptive, meaning that when water is in the ground and it freezes it can displace the soil creating voids. With polyurethane in the ground, there will be less movement of the ground during extreme temperature change. (Chinooks) This creates a more stable environment for your concrete and means there will be less cracking and a longer lifetime generally for your concrete.
Get Free Consultation
Concrete Experts Calgary
There may be some circumstances where the concrete cannot be lifted and therefore replacement would be necessary. Concrete Experts is trained and experienced in both lifting and replacing and can provide an estimate for either service.
Check out the latest on our blog
In Calgary, AB, properly maintaining a concrete driveway can help it last a lot longer. Though snow and other weather conditions can wear on the concrete, with proper care and attention, it will last for many years. Homeowners can follow the steps here to make sure...
Winter weather brings a ton of snow, which makes for a gorgeous view but can be very damaging to a concrete driveway. When homeowners experience any damage to their driveway because of the winter weather, one question comes into play. Is it better to repair the...
Crushing It is an economical alternative, but it is ugly. This technique uncovered total in the solid, which makes this unappealing. The honesty and quality of the chunk are likewise traded off when utilizing this technique. Sections that keep on settling in the wake...