Poyurethane foam for concrete lifting
If you need to repair or lift cracked or sunken concrete, you can normally choose between two ways to fix the problem. Replace the concrete with new concrete. Or raise the concrete by pumping a mixture underneath it. We use a concrete lifting foam called polyurethane foam. This concrete leveling foam can be used both for residential as commercial applications.
Concrete lifting foam
Call For a Quote:
How concrete leveling foam works
If you chose Concrete Experts for concrete lifting and leveling in Calgary, you chose experts that only work with the best concrete leveling foam. Here is a step by step outline of what you can expect from your experience with Concrete Experts:
- We come to your house and identify where the pressure needs to be, in order to have the slab lifted.
- We map out where the small half inch holes need to be drilled (approximately every 5 feet) in order to pump the concrete lifting foam beneath the surface.
- We have a 160 foot hose so that we can lift concrete even in remote areas if needed.
- The polyurethane foam is pumped into the injection sites and the cement will slowly rise. We continue pumping into each hole until the concrete slab reaches the desired height.
- The concrete lifting foam Polyurethane expands quickly. And the expansion force works to lift the concrete. It provides a strong yet lightweight support. And will add minimal load to the ground beneath.
- We repeat the process of pumping the concrete leveling foam in the small holes until the entire concrete is level again.
- Once the desired height is achieved, the injection holes are filled with a cement mixture and sealed. Because we only need to drill small holes and we use a filler to close them, you will hardly notice them.
- There is a possible risk in rare circumstances that the cement will crack. In these cases we can still level the cement slab, but the crack remains.
- The concrete lifting foam polyurethane sets almost instantly, and the cement is safe to walk on immediately after. There is no mess or waste to throw away.
- It is a clean and environmentally safe repair.
The traditional technology in raising concrete is called mudjacking. This process consists of pumping a cement and mud mixture into much larger and closer together injection holes. The mixture that is injected weighs 50 times what the polyurethane concrete lifting foam weighs. The problem this creates is that the weight of the cement causes the same problem that it was designed to fix. Due to the weight, it has a tendency to further compact the ground beneath allowing the concrete slab to sink again.
Polyurethane provides an effective, long term solution to raising and leveling sunken concrete.