Concrete Leveling & Lifting
Custom Concrete Work
Filling Voids Under Cement and Deep Injection
Pouring Driveways, Sidewalks, Garages, and Pads
Polyurethane Jacking and Mudjacking
Concrete Repair Calgary
Almost all concrete driveways and walkways will eventually sink over time. This can be due to excess water, improper compaction, or simply the weight of the cement. This uneven concrete can cause a tripping hazard, an unaesthetic curb appeal, and even water damage to foundations. Concrete Experts Calgary can provide you with a free risk assessment and help you fix these problems.
Sunken or Uneven Concrete? You have 2 Options
- Very expensive
- Requires demolition of existing concrete
- Creates excess waste and mess
- Less than half the price of replacement
- Can be done in one day
- Creates little or no mess and is environmentally sound
Within Canada, many heavily used highways are made of 18″ thick cement. When needed, a polyurethane system is most often used to repair and lift those highways. This is the same system and materials used by Concrete Experts!
Concrete lifting: the benefit of polyurethane
Here are some of the many benefits:
- In order to lift the concrete, small holes must be drilled into the existing cement in order to pump the material beneath. With mudjacking, the holes can be almost 2 inches in diameter. Our polyurethane system requires much fewer holes that are only 5/8 of an inch and can be spaced much further apart.
- Polyurethane foam is waterproof, preventing further damage.
- It is incredibly strong and durable, yet light-weight which can help to prevent sinking problems in the future.
- Polyurethane is pumped beneath the concrete in liquid form and is, therefore, able to spread further and more fully to fill the void. This also allows us to lift the concrete more evenly as opposed to mudjacking which lifts from one point. This means the likelihood of concrete cracking is much less.
- Polyurethane will not expand or contract. The more traditional mudjacking uses a slurry mixture which is water absorptive, meaning that when water is in the ground and it freezes it can displace the soil creating voids. With polyurethane in the ground, there will be less movement of the ground during extreme temperature change. (Chinooks) This creates a more stable environment for your concrete and means there will be less cracking and a longer lifetime generally for your concrete.
Get Free Consultation
Concrete Experts Calgary
There may be some circumstances where the concrete cannot be lifted and therefore replacement would be necessary. Concrete Experts is trained and experienced in both lifting and replacing and can provide an estimate for either service.
Check out the latest on our blog
Wintertime in Calgary, and Canada in general for that matter, can be hard on your concrete surfaces. Snow and ice can build up. And the harsh conditions can create problems, like damage to your concrete driveway or sidewalk. It can also cause slippery surfaces that...
Asphalt vs Concrete driveway: what to choose If you are looking for a driveway for your new home or as an upgrade of your current home, you probably have questions about what material to use. There are two important options to choose from: asphalt and concrete. So...
Is the use of foam for lifting concrete environmentally friendly? At Concrete Experts we use foam for lifting concrete if you are experiencing sunken slabs or cracks in your concrete. But, as this is injected under your concrete, you may be wondering if foam for...