Lifting Sunken Concrete
Filling Voids under cement
Pouring Driveways & Sidewalks
Custom Concrete work
Concrete Lifting Intro
Almost all concrete driveways and walkways will eventually sink over time. This can be due to excess water, improper compaction and simply the weight of the cement. This produces uneven concrete which causes a tripping hazard, creates an unaesthetic curb appeal and can cause potential water damage as uneven concrete can direct water towards the building’s foundation.
You have 2 Options
Replace the Existing Concrete
- Very expensive
- Requires demolition of existing concrete
- Creates excess waste and mess
Raise and Level Existing Concrete
- Less than half the price of replacement
- Can be done in one day
- Creates little or no mess and is environmentally sound
Within Canada, many heavily used highways are made of 18″ thick cement. When needed, a polyurethane system is most often used to repair and lift those highways. This is the same system and materials used by Concrete Experts!
The Benefit of Polyurethane
Concrete Lifting has many names including mudjacking, slabjacking, and polyurethane concrete lifting. Different methods can be used, but Concrete Experts uses the latest polyurethane technology that is faster, stronger, and can be done with much less intrusion into the concrete than with traditional mudjacking. Here are some of the many benefits:
- In order to lift the concrete, small holes must be drilled into the existing cement in order to pump the material beneath. With mudjacking, the holes can be almost 2 inches in diameter. Our polyurethane system requires much fewer holes that are only 5/8 of an inch and can be spaced much further apart.
- Polyurethane foam is waterproof, preventing further damage. It is incredibly strong and durable, yet light-weight which can help to prevent sinking problems in the future.
- Polyurethane is pumped beneath the concrete in liquid form and is, therefore, able to spread further and more fully to fill the void. This also allows us to lift the concrete more evenly as opposed to mudjacking which lifts from one point. This means the likelihood of concrete cracking is much less.
- Polyurethane will not expand or contract. The more traditional mudjacking uses a slurry mixture which is water absorptive, meaning that when water is in the ground and it freezes it can displace the soil creating voids. With polyurethane in the ground, there will be less movement of the ground during extreme temperature change. (Chinooks) This creates a more stable environment for your concrete and means there will be less cracking and a longer lifetime generally for your concrete.
Get Free Consultation
There may be some circumstances where the concrete cannot be lifted and therefore replacement would be necessary. Concrete Experts is trained and experienced in both lifting and replacing and can provide an estimate for either service.